SICE 2020 in Chiang Mai to be held ONLINE.
Please see the announcement
Test Webinar Information
We have prepared a test webinar for you to check in advance whether you can join conference webinars (real-time sessions) without any problems. The details (address, ID, and password) of the test webinar are given below. You can join the test webinar by following the instructions given in this guideline:
The test webinar can be accessed via the following link:
The test webinar will be available from:
- In JST time: 09:00 on 18th September to 5:00 on 20th September
- In TST time: 07:00 on 18th September to 03:00 on 20th September
- In UTC time: 00:00 on 18th September to 20:00 on 19th September
If you successfully join the test webinar, you will see a Smiley face spinning and hear some music; this indicates that the animation and audio functions are working properly. However, if you see a still image of a Smiley face and hear some music, the host PC may have some problems; then, please try again (several hours) later. If you see a message saying that registration approval is pending, then the email address you entered might be different from the one you registered for SICE2020; please check your email address, and try again with your registered email address.
If you are unable to join the real-time sessions (the Zoom webinars) with the email address that you registered for SICE2020, due to company policy or some other reasons, you can register an alternative email address from the following site: https://forms.gle/5ZjhXjaDASPgJZEE9.
By entering your registered and alternative email addresses on the above site by 00:00 (UTC) on 18th September 2020, you can join the webinars with the alternative email address. Please note that the alternative email address is only to join the webinars, and please use the email address that you registered for SICE2020 to access the online conference site. After registering an alternative email address, you may receive some emails about cancellations of webinars at the registered email address. Please ignore the emails.
If you have any questions, please let us know by email at ytanaka [at] gunma-u.ac.jp.
Presentation Guidelines for SICE2020
All presentations will be delivered using a VoD streaming service. Speakers will be asked to submit their pre-recorded presentation videos (15 mins/presentation) about two weeks prior to the virtual conference. The presentation videos will be posted on the SICE2020 Online Conference Site on Thursday 24th September and will remain available for viewing for a week. .
Each presentation will be provided with a chat box for Question and Answer (Q&A). (You can upload image files or PDF files from the chat box to display equations or other necessary materials.) The chat box will also be open for one week starting Thursday 24th September, after the presentation videos have been posted. Questions and answers can be posted during the week and also during the interactive Q&A sessions (see 3 for details).
Interactive Q&A sessions will be held in the morning of 25th or 26th September (Thailand time, GMT+7). The presentations, except live (real-time) presentations, are divided into four groups with different core times for live Q&A, as shown in the table below. During the one-hour core time, the presenters are requested to monitor their own chat box and answer questions. You can find your assigned group ID (e.g., FrB, SaA) in the Conference Program.
In addition to the VoD presentations described above, live (real-time) presentations (ThL, FrF, SaE, and SaF) and a live (real-time) special panel discussion (FrCP) will be held via a video conference system (Zoom webinar). Please refer to the “Guidelines for participating in real-time organizing sessions of SICE2020”. .
How to sign in to the online conference site
- To those who completed registration and payment before 19th August, the account information necessary for logging in to the SICE2020 online conference site was notified by automated email, around 20:30 Japan time (or around 18:30 Thailand time) on 20th August. The details of the automated email are as follows:
- Subject: SICE2020 online web site: New user account
- From: Admin User (via SICE2020Online)
- Email address: sice2020-secretariat [at] sice.or.jp (OR) sice2020-online [at] sice.jp
- If you have not received the above email, please check your SPAM email folder. If you still cannot find the email, please let us know by email at sice2020-secretariat [at] sice.or.jp.
- Participants who completed registration and payment after 20th August will be informed of the account information by email after the payment is confirmed.
- If you forget your login information, please go to “Forgotten your username or password?” on the login page of the online conference site and try “Search by email address” using your email address used in your conference registration. If you cannot receive any auto-generated email, please let us know by email at sice2020-secretariat [at] sice.or.jp.