SICE 2020 in Chiang Mai to be held ONLINE.
Please see the announcement
SICE International Young Authors Award
* At the moment, the information on this page is tentative and subject to updates.
The Society for Measurement and Control Engineers (SICE) aims to be the leading society in the field of measurement, control and system integration, with a global presence. More specifically, its aims are to strengthen collaboration with related organizations and support them for globalization, and also to foster young people who will lead the next generation in the field. As part of that, we have established the SICE International Young Authors Award (hereinafter referred to as SIYA) to encourage young researchers from Japan to carry out academic research and support their international activities.
We are looking for candidates for SIYA from the speakers of the SICE Annual Conference 2020 (SICE2020). We are looking forward to receiving applications from researchers who meet the application requirements listed below.
Applicants for this award shall meet the following requirements:
- Have a Japanese nationality
- 35 years old or younger (at the time of presentation)
- Have not won this award in the past SICE Annual Conferences.
- The applicant shall be the first author and make a presentation at SICE2020
- Have SICE membership qualification (except for corporate organization’s supporting membership qualification), otherwise the applicant must apply for it by the time of presentation
Number of Winners
Up to 20 people
How to apply
Prepare the following information and materials, and submit them via Papercept.
- Final paper in PDF format
- Name of presenter
- Applicant’s date of birth and age
- Supervisor’s name and affiliation (if you are a student)
It should be noted that an applicant is eligible to receive only one award during SICE2020.
Application deadline for SIYA-SICE2020:
Wednesday, July 1, 2020 Monday, July 20, 2020
Winners will be announced and awarded at the closing ceremony of the conference. After the closing ceremony, the results will be posted on SICE HP.
Please contact the following address for inquiries regarding this award:
Replace (at) with @.
SIYA-SICE2020 Award Committee