SICE 2020 in Chiang Mai to be held ONLINE.
Please see the announcement
SICE WEEK 2020 Robot Challenge
Rajamangala University of Technology Lanna (RMUTL) Chiang Mai Thailand
SICE WEEK is an open event to introduce SICE to the general public, often held in parallel to the SICE annual conference in Japan. This year, SICE WEEK 2020 will be held on the campus of Rajamangala University of Technology Lanna (Chiang Mai, Thailand). The theme of this year’s event is robot programming aimed at students from local schools who are interested in robotics.
Robotics is a wonderful platform for students to learn 21st century skills. Robotic programming requires creative thinking and problem solving skills. And due to the cross-disciplinary nature of the task, student participants will get to apply their knowledge of science, technology, engineering, math, and computer programming. Aside from technical skills, this activity also cultivates teamwork and communication skills as students will work together in teams to come up with their own ideas and solutions.
At this event, student participants will take part in a series of workshops held by the teaching staffs from Mechatronics Department at RMUTL, who have trained students over the years to compete and win prizes from international robot competitions such as WorldSkills. By providing a supportive and immersive learning environment, this activity should prove to be fun and rewarding, as well as beneficial for the students. In addition to the workshops, aspiring students will also be taken on a tour around our facilities at RMUTL Doi Saket Campus, which are equipped with cutting-edge industrial robotic technologies. The laboratories that are part of this tour are as follows:
- Industrial Robot Laboratory
- Hydraulics System Laboratory
- Process Automation Control System Laboratory
- Mobile Hydraulics System Laboratory
- Cyber Physical System for Industry 4.0 Laboratory
- Manufactory Automation System Laboratory
- Date: 22 September 2020
- Venue: Rajamangala University of Technology Lanna, Chiang Mai, Thailand (Doi Saket Campus)
- Sponsor: Gammaco (Thailand) Company Limited, Certificate, LECO
- Participants: Students in 2 age groups:
- Junior (13 - 15yo)
- Senior (16 - 19yo)
- The tentative program for SICE Week 2020 can be downloaded here