Student Travel Grant Award (STGA)
We (Annual Conference/International Affairs Committee) have set up this grant award in order to encourage students’ contributions from outside of Japan and Thailand, and to support part of their travel expenses. We strongly hope that many students from all over the world apply for this grant award.
Applicants for this award shall meet the following requirements, as of July 1, 2020:
- Must be an undergraduate or a postgraduate student
- Must have a nationality other than Japanese or Thai
- Must reside outside of Japan and Thailand
- Must give a presentation at SICE2020
Number of Winners
Up to 3 people
How to apply
Prepare the following information and materials, and submit them via Papercept.
- Final paper in PDF format
- Name of presenter
- Applicant’s date of birth and age
- Supervisor’s name and affiliation
It should be noted that an applicant is eligible to receive only one award during SICE2020.
Application deadline for STGA-SICE2020: Wednesday, July 1, 2020
Award recipients will be selected by our committee based on the paper quality. The finalists will be notified four weeks before the conference. Each finalist is asked to send a copy of student ID at this point. The top three winners will receive the following prizes at the closing ceremony:
- 1st winner – a cash prize of JPY50,000
- 2nd winner – a cash prize of JPY50,000
- 3rd winner – a cash prize of JPY50,000.
Please contact the following address for inquiries regarding this award:
Replace (at) with @.
SICE Annual Conference/International Affairs Committee