SICE 2020 in Chiang Mai to be held ONLINE.
Please see the announcement
SICE2020 ASEAN Networking Worshop has been canceled since SICE2020 will be held ONLINE.
Call for Attendance
SICE2020 ASEAN Networking Workshop
September 23, 2020
The Empress Hotel and Convention Centre, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Purpose and Scope
SICE Annual Conference 2020 will be held in Chiang Mai, Thailand during September 23-26. This is the first time the SICE Annual Conference is held in ASEAN region. On this occasion, it is highly meaningful to deepen the relationship between SICE and related academic communities in ASEAN and the neighbor countries in Asia, and to establish a new Asian network in the field of system engineering including measurement and control through this activity. We believe that it is beneficial to bring together professors and engineers who had experiences of study and/or research in Japan, their ex-supervisors in Japan, and their current students for having an opportunity of communication and discussion toward the network build-up.
To this end, SICE has decided to hold a very special half-day event named “ASEAN Networking Workshop” in conjunction with SICE2020. The workshop is financially supported by industries in Japan and Thailand as well as SICE. A representative from each ASEAN country will deliver a keynote speech on the past, present and future of system engineering in the country and on the perspective of cooperation between Japan and ASEAN countries. Further, high-rank persons from JICA, SICE, and the industrial sponsors will share their ideas with the audience.
We sincerely invite those people who received Ph.D. or master degree in one of Japanese Universities or stayed at least six months as a postdoc in Japan to attend this workshop. We also encourage those people to bring his/her ex-supervisor(s) in Japan and current student(s) in order to make the workshop more attractive toward ASEAN networking. We set up a scholarship for the current students in ASEAN countries to attend SICE2020 as well as this workshop.
- Date: September 23, 2020
- Venue: Conference Venue of SICE 2020 (TBD for the detail)
- Tentative Program:
- 9:00-9:15: Opening Session
- 9:15-10:55: Presentations form ASEAN countries (15-20 min for each country)
- 10:55-11:15: Coffee break
- 11:15-11:45: Presentation by the industrial sponsors, JICA and SICE
- 12:00-13:00: Lunch
- Registration: There is no registration free, but the advanced registration is required. The method of the registration will be announced later.
Scholarship opportunity for student attendees of this workshop
To encourage the student attendance in this workshop and SICE2020, this workshop will provide a scholarship together with an official certificate. The financial support of the scholarship includes:
- Travel expense: round trip flight ticket
- Accommodation: at most five-night stay in September 22-26, 2020.
- Registration fee of SICE2020: There are two categories of the support, namely Full Support and Partial Support. The Full Support (resp. Partial Support) is applied to students from outside (resp. inside) Thailand.
Eligibility of scholarship application
- The student must the presenter of a paper accepted by SICE2020
- The university/college is in the ASEAN region
- The application must be done by his/her supervisor who received Ph.D. or master degree in one of Japanese Universities or stayed at least six months as a postdoc in Japan
- Each supervisor can nominate at most two students.
The finalists will be selected by the organizing committee based on the review rating of the candidate’s paper accepted to SICE2020.
The application form can be downloaded here.
The application form must be submitted to the workshop chair, Professor Kang-Zhi Liu
(kzliu@faculty. chiba-u.jp), by the deadline of the final submission of SICE 2020.
- Chair: Kang-Zhi Liu (Chiba University, Japan)
- Publicity: Osamu Kaneko（The University of Electro-Communications, Japan）
- Industry Relations: Mayumi Miura (Azbil Co.Ltd, Japan) and Supachai Vorapojpisut (Thammasat University, Thailand)
- Local Arrangement: Itthisek Nilkhamhang (SIIT. Thailand)
- Advisor: Shinji Hara (Ex-President of SICE)